Monday, February 5, 2007

Yunnan Jig by Adagio

Scent in tin: Malty, earthy, peppery
Brewed in: whatever I have on hand – most recently my ingenuiTEA pot at work
Steeped: 5-6 minutes @ 212 degrees
Cup: stoneware mug

Discovering this tea was like discovering a secret door to a beautiful garden I didn’t know existed. I first ordered it just to see what it was like, not knowing what “peppery” meant exactly, and wondering about the description. As soon as I took my first sip though, I knew I could never be without this tea in my pantry again. It is bold, yet never bitter, malty, smooth on the tongue, and a pure pleasure to drink. The color is a lovely dark brown, and the leaves are not black when they unfurl as with “generic” black tea, but rather an earthy rich mud color that matches the aroma perfectly.

I must say though – it doesn’t remind me of a “jig”, but rather a dirge of sorts, low and mellow and very satisfying on a cool, dreary day. I’ve just ordered a refill canister, as my last 3-4 cups worth are here at work, and my “home container” is empty. I highly recommend this lovely tea, especially on rainy or snowy winter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not for advertising - links in comments will be deleted. Please be polite!