Friday, May 18, 2007

Rosy Earl Grey from Teas, Etc.

Scent in package: Bergamot and roses…very soft and sweet.
Brewed in: unbleached filter bag (work)
Steeped: 5 min@ 212 degrees
Cup: Café mug

I honestly would never have tried this tea if not for a free sample sent with my order this week. The thought of bergamot and roses together just never really sounded appetizing. When I smelled the tea blend after opening my sample pack, I still wasn’t completely convinced, since the bergamot and roses and tea were all completely separate scents, not really mingling in the package.

I should note that the mix is absolutely beautiful with the rose petals and tea leaves…truly lovely to look at. It’s a blend of Jasmine green tea, black earl grey and rose petals.

And then I brewed it up this morning. It brews up a lovely light golden color, and the smell is to die for – sweet but not “sickly sweet”. And the taste…wow. It’s so smooth and mellow, the bergamot and roses blend together to create this incredibly light floral profile that is complimented by the honey-like texture of the brew (added, I would assume, by the jasmine green tea and the bergamot). It reminds me of high school, and days spent wandering through the incense-laden atmospheres of record shops & tattoo parlors (much softer though, of course). Overall, the tea is very soothing, and made me forget my pressing troubles, if only for a moment or two.

This tea is definitely on my “to order next time” list – with all the rose petals, there was only enough in the sample for this one cup, and already I’m mourning the loss. I won’t be waiting long to order a full-size pack of this (like next week), and it’s very affordable at $7.95 for 3 oz. Order some…I promise you won’t regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not for advertising - links in comments will be deleted. Please be polite!