Monday, October 22, 2007

Keemun from Art of Tea

Scent in bag: rich yet mild normal "tea" scent
Brewed in unbleached filter bag
Steeped: 4 min. @ boiling
Cup: big ceramic mug

Our 4th annual Halloween bash was Saturday night, and Sunday, after all the soda and alcohol, tea was necessary for recovery. I found this bag of Keemun in the cupboard, unopened, and decided that it just might do the trick. So I brewed up a cup, and got comfy in my favorite chair to write my review and relax.

With the first sip, I knew that this tea was exactly what I needed. It is rich and smooth, yet the texture is light and not overbearing (a good thing after the heavier drinks I've been dosing myself with lately). It has a slight hint of chocolate, and a malty aftertaste that goes down smooth.

How does it compare to other Keemun teas? It seems to be among the higher quality of these, and has only a slight bit of astringency after it goes down. I'd have to drink it directly with another Keemun to find any differences, but I suspect they would be minute anyways.

In any case, this tea has been wonderful in reawakening my brain and soothing my tired, abused body after too much fun, and while I can't say I'm completely "cured", I am definitely getting better after just half a cup. If you like the chocolaty, malty smoothness that is a good quality Keemun, put this tea on your "to try" list - you won't regret it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I am a fan of chocolate flavors in my tea. As you know, I purchased a wonderful tea in Seattle this summer - Post Alley Cappuccino - with notes of chocolate and marshmallow.

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post Alley Cappuccino...sounds like coffee. Did it have coffee flavor to it, or just tea, chocolate and marshmellow?

    If you're truely a fan of chocolate flavors, get yourself some Harney & Son's "Florence" blend. Barnes & Noble might have it, but you can order it online as well. It's seriously the best chocolate tea I have in my cupboard, and I'll be ordering more soon, because I'm almost out of it. Seriously wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not for advertising - links in comments will be deleted. Please be polite!