Saturday, August 13, 2011

Flavored Pu'erh?

It's Murphy's law, I tell you. I decide to open the tea blog back up, and then everything goes haywire, things break, and I suddenly barely have time to *drink* tea, much less talk about it. For a month. Yeah, I wasn't pleased either, but life happens.

In any case, things are more or less back to normal now, which makes me happy. And this week I got a shipment from Teas, Etc. including some flavored pu'erh tea that I had to order just for the novelty of it. Normally I'm not really a fan of loose pu'erh tea...I tend to prefer it right off the cake. But I could not imagine, with the already strong flavor of pu'erh, how flavors would work with that. Pu'erh is normally pretty earthy, so for strawberries & chocolate pu'erh, I'm having a hard time imagining how everything will mesh together into something palatable.

Tea tends to surprise me all the time though, so I'm game, and I've got several different flavors to try now. Stay tuned for reviews...

Have you tried flavored pu'erh? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I have never had pu'erh tea but then I have never claimed to be a connoisseur, heck Lipton tea makes me happy although I do admit to missing Twining's Russian Caravan tea. I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say about strawberries & chocolate pu'erh since you say it is pretty earthy. I don't know that I would be brave enough to try the combination. Cheers, Ardee-ann

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not for advertising - links in comments will be deleted. Please be polite!