Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tea Words: 1/20 - 1/26

Bolder Breakfast - The Tea Spot

1/20 @ 4:30pm - Warm, smooth (weird, eh?)

Cashmere - Tantalizing Teas w/a pinch of Supreme Breakfast (H&S)

1/24 @ 8:50am - Deep, rich, comforting

Southern Belle - Tantalizing Teas

1/26 @ 10:45am: Astringent but not harsh, overbrewed? 

This week was...a bit stressful. It was back to the day job after five days off, and a cascade of issues to deal with early on. Needless to say, I reverted back to barely even noticing my tea, much less tasting it. Sad, really, but human nature, I guess.

I did notice that Sunday afternoon, my fourth day in a row off work, Boulder Breakfast finally tasted better. Perhaps because I took my time with it, or maybe just because I was more relaxed? Odd, I think.

Cashmere is quickly becoming my "go-to" tea when I want something soothing, with a little extra black tea for a stronger caffeine fix. Something about the rooibos & vanilla makes even the most hectic of mornings slightly more bearable...

This morning I really thought I was ready for some yummy peach flavored tea, but the Southern Belle was a bit harsh on the tongue. I think maybe a 3 minute brew would be better...but I'm out now, so experimentation will have to wait on that.

Here's hoping for a less stressful and more mindful tea week next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not for advertising - links in comments will be deleted. Please be polite!