Thursday, December 7, 2006

Indian Nimbu by Harney & Sons

Scent in Tin: Very subtle and unassuming.
Brewing Method: Silken pyramid teabag
Steeping: 5 min. @ 212 degrees
Cup: 12 oz. Porcelain mug

This tea was a big surprise for me. My sister brought me a couple “tagalongs” (small, round tin containing 5 silken pyramid teabags each) that she had found in a sale bin at a local cooking store. I rarely turn down free tea, but the scent of the tea labeled “Indian Nimbu” was so slight that I assumed it would be rather…unassuming, and I brought it to work for a trial.

When I poured the boiling water over the sachet, I watched as the leaves began to unfurl. And slowly the most wonderful scent wafted up out of the cup, caramel with a hint of lemon in the background, and suddenly I couldn’t wait to taste it. As soon as it cooled enough to drink, I found myself savoring the delicious brew, a delicate darjeeling tea the perfect backdrop for the lemon and caramel flavors.

Unfortunately, I had finished the tagalong before I knew it, and when I visited the H&S site to order more, I found that they had very high regard for their tea as well. I still haven’t ordered more, at $13 for 4 oz., but one of these days, I will definitely be restocking this tea. It’s absolutely delightful, and I took great pleasure in the small amount that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not for advertising - links in comments will be deleted. Please be polite!