Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Organic Mint Fusion from Teas, Etc.

Scent in package: Lemony-mint…like mint chewing gum
Brewed for: 5 min@ boiling

I’ve been drinking a lot of mint tea lately…last week I had a stomach flu of some sort (hubby had it too), and just sort of kept drinking on the mint teas I got out. This is one that sounds like it might not work – Indian black tea, lemon grass, peppermint, and spearmint. The blend is more green than black…the black tea seems to be obligatory in its amount.

I really like this blend though, and I think it’s because I really like lemongrass. The lemon flavor is strong, with the mint following closely behind. The black tea stays deep in the background, subtly there, but not really noticeable unless you’re searching for it.

It does have a lovely deep reddish brown color, and the scent is actually more mint than lemon. That actually adds to the complexity of flavor contained in the brew, since the fragrance is inhaled just before the flavor hits your tongue, layering mint, lemon, and then mint again. I enjoy this hot, but I imagine it would make a very good iced tea as well (maybe I’ll try that next weekend).

If you’re looking for something different, or just something good on a sore stomach, don’t hesitate to try this tea. Soothing, refreshing, and very satisfying, you won’t be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not for advertising - links in comments will be deleted. Please be polite!